When the opportunity came about to sew this dress, I was drawn to push myself with new fabric types and new skills. I had never sewn pique or viole before and I had never put in a side zipper that was invisible! One of my goals this year was to push my sewing to new levels, and this dress definitely pushed me. I am in love with it though!
For the pink one, it is pique in raspberry with a floral voile lining. The pattern has a non lined version as well, but the voile is so nice, it is worth the extra effort to sew the full lining! I did a straight 8 for the pink, as that’s where my measurements put me, but felt it was a little tight in the hips. When Danielle put out a call for someone to sew a second one in corduroy, I saw it as another opportunity to improve on this pattern. The navy corduroy is the long sleeve, no collar version, and I ended up grading the pattern out from an 8 at the bust to a 10 in the hips. It fit perfect! I have recieved nothing but compliments and questions about where I bought these dresses when I have worn them out! This is the perfect opportunity to sew yourself a holiday dress and not be fretting about what you will wear!
Please join Whimsical Fabric for the Liesl+Co Bistro Dress Sew-Along.
• The sew-along consists of 4 daily lessons.
• Lots of awesome prizes will be given away to participants.
• You can purchase your fabric kit and/or patterns Sew A long Kits
• Use the coupon code: LGSEW28* to save 15% through November 9th.
• Too see past sew-alongs and get a feel for what the lessons will be like, please visit the sew-along blog here.
Lesson 1 – Monday – November 9
Lesson 2 – Tuesday – November 10
Lesson 3 – Wednesday – November 11
Lesson 4 – Thursday – November 12